Re: [MoM] Packaging fis-get

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 07:05:22PM -0500, Dominique Belhachemi wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez@kitware.com> wrote:

> >> Move these staigt inton the *.deb without changing anything.  This
> >> works here.
> >>

> > Yes, I can confirm that with the second process
> > in my last email, the "pro..tar.gz" file is moved
> > by "debuild" into the debian directory.
> >
> I would expect to find the content of the generated tar.gz files in
> the debian/<packagename> directory, not the tar.gz file itself.

This is because Thorsten decided to move the complete tarball straight
into the *.deb package which is a very untypical decision and I was
reasoning about this several times in this thread.  So after a

    debuild

it is correct to find a tarball in debian/<packagename> because this
is also in the *.deb.  If you do a

    make -f debian/rules clean

this should vanish and the debian/ dir should be as clean as before.

> It might help if you build a small package from the repositories and
> compare the output.

For these cases we have the hello package.  So an

  $ apt-get source hello
  $ cd hello-2.7
  $ debuild

might be a good exercise in any case but I think Luis is on the right
track.