Re: [MoM] Packaging fis-get

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 11:57:39PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > [KSB] Although I am personally a bash user, the entire GT.M
> > automation infrastructure is build around tcsh (not even csh).  It
> > may be easier to use tcsh for now and not try to convert the scripts
> > till later.
>
> While this is finally your decision I'd recommend replacing it where
> possible anyway.

I would suggest making that "replacing it where possible without changes".

> You can expect to have a POSIX shell installed on any
> UNIX machine (whatever GT.M developers prefer as login shell).  Relying
> on some specific shell just manifests the exceptional (=historically
> grown) speciallities of GT.M.  I can not see a reason to not drop this
> if possible.

Given the complexity of GT.M I would second Bhaskars
assertion that full replacement better be deferred until the
second generation of fis-gtm Debian packages.

May I suggest

1) identifying tasks
2) prioritizing tasks into

	a) initial release
	b) second release
	c) subsequent releases

?

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346