Re: clinica_0.2.1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Le Sat, Jan 07, 2012 at 11:13:26PM +0100, David Paleino a écrit :

>   $ gbp-clone git+ssh://...
>
> That will automatically pull the three branches.
>
> If you don't want to delete your current clone for any reason (local commits?),
> you might want to do the following:
>
>   $ git checkout -b upstream -t origin/upstream
>   $ git checkout -b pristine-tar -t origin/pristine-tar
>   $ git checkout master
>
> ..and then run git-buildpackage as usual :)

Hello David, Andreas and everybody,

I would actually recommend debcheckout instead, as it is a common interface for
Git and Subversion, and as it also sets git's options user.email and user.name
accordingly to the devscripts variables DEBEMAIL and DEBFULLNAME.  I have
documented how to do this in our group policy.

  http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#debcheckout-git-track

How about replacing the « Give me the source! » section by the following.

  To check the sources of a package (referred as <package> below) in our
  repositories, use the debcheckout command, from the devscripts package.

  If you are a member of Debian Med or a Debian developer, with account name
  <username>, you have write permission:

  debcheckout --user<username> <package>   # When the package is already in the archive
  debcheckout --user<username> git://git.debian.org/debian-med/<package>.git --git-track='*'

  For read-only access, remove the --user option.

But Andreas, note anyway that if you have the original upstream sources in the
parent directory, after running uscan or apt-get source accordingly, then you
can work without the upstream and pristine-tar branches as well.

Have a nice Sunday,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,