Re: clinica_0.2.1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 05:26:48PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> I would actually recommend debcheckout instead, as it is a common interface for
> Git and Subversion, and as it also sets git's options user.email and user.name
> accordingly to the devscripts variables DEBEMAIL and DEBFULLNAME.  I have
> documented how to do this in our group policy.

Fine for me.

>   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#debcheckout-git-track
>
> How about replacing the « Give me the source! » section by the following.
>
>   To check the sources of a package (referred as <package> below) in our
>   repositories, use the debcheckout command, from the devscripts package.
>
>   If you are a member of Debian Med or a Debian developer, with account name
>   <username>, you have write permission:
>
>   debcheckout --user<username> <package>   # When the package is already in the archive
>   debcheckout --user<username> git://git.debian.org/debian-med/<package>.git --git-track='*'
>
>   For read-only access, remove the --user option.

I'm in favour of a clearly documented procedure so that's fine for me.

> But Andreas, note anyway that if you have the original upstream sources in the
> parent directory, after running uscan or apt-get source accordingly, then you
> can work without the upstream and pristine-tar branches as well.

I checked out clinica from scratch using debcheckout but this did not
changed anything.  I guess the original upstream source remained the
same (featuring the waf problem ftpmaster was concerned about).