Re: Clinica

On Wednesday, December 21, 2011 06:55:12 PM Leonardo Robol wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 17:53:24 +0100
>
> Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> wrote:
> > > I will ask the other developer of clinica to join this mailing list
> > > since he may have further details on what aspects of GNUmed have made
> > > difficult the use for the doctor.
> >
> > Yes, please, that would be really helpful.
>
> Yes, I will report back to you as soon I have some feedback. :)
>
> I would like to make clear that I do not have anything at all against
> GNUmed. On the contrary, I've always considered it a good software!

What has never been done and is easily overlooked is the fact that you can
make a nice and easy, totally different GUI on top of GNUmed. You can make it
look totally different and still build on top of the GNUmed middleware and
backend.

That way you profit from updates and code fixed and all you have to do is care
for the GUI.

The hard part when writing any software (EMR or ERP or webbrowser and whatnot)
is the long term support. Over time users tend to demand new features. And we
invent them again and again and again.

We hope to cooperate with you as much as possible on such things as patient
data exchange (software to software).

Best of luck for Clinica,
Sebastian