Re: your mail

Hi Andrei,

congrats on becoming friends with lintian ;)

1.

there is 1 more crucial step:  projects which are not Debian specific
should not be packaged in "native debian" format, i.e. when you
have only .orig.tar.gz + .dsc -- they should have .diff.gz or
.debian.tar.gz ( source format quilt 3.0, which I would recommend to use
as well) , and their version must include debian revision...

so if 0.4.3.2 is the "upstream" release number, debian release should be
0.4.3.2-1 and version in debian/changelog should be adjusted
accordingly.

also I myself do that and recommend others -- I leave changelog entries
with UNRELEASED (or neurodebian ;-) ) instead of unstable  unless it
actually got into unstable.  That helps later on to see which versions
made into Debian just by looking at the changelog

2.
looking at
https://github.com/hmmr/aghermann/blob/master/debian/control
it looks incomplete -- have you tried to build the package in a clean
environment (e.g. using pbuilder, or git-pbuilder if you use
git-buildpackage, or cowbuilder)?  I bet you lack build-depends

having vcs- fields (useful for debcheckout) would be + as well

3.
https://github.com/hmmr/aghermann/blob/master/debian/copyright
I would strongly recommend to convert it to use DEP-5:
http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/

4.  alioth project -- probably others could comment on that ... but we
don't need to wait -- for me to do final review and sponsor its upload
to Debian I would just need source package (.orig.tar.gz + .dsc +
.debian.tar.gz or .diff.gz) .

Do you have GPG key btw? doesn't have to be signed by a DD (yet) but it
would be great to identify at least that we are talking to the same
person ;-)  so, just sign you source package (debsign) and either upload
to mentors.debian.org (preferrable) or make it available anywhere else
-- I could then grab it from there, do review, build, upload (if
everything is ok of cause)

Cheers