Re: Ginkgo-CADx segfaults

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:23:01AM +0100, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> On Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:03:09 AM Steffen Möller wrote:

> > Sorry for saying the obvious here, but if the bug is not
> > Debian-specific, then it should go to ITK upstream.

I definitely encourage that patches for upstream bugs be sent
upstream.

> The question was more along the lines if Debian packages accept patches which
> upstream refuses (have not checked with upstream ITK but have had issues with
> wxwidgets).

It's common for Debian to have patches not in upstream.  Often, in my
experience, it's not because of upstream refusal but due to differing
priority or differing release cycles.  I generally have a number of
patches for Boost that upstream takes multiple releases to
incorporate.

If you have a patch for the problem, I encourage you to submit a
Debian bug report as well as the upstream one, and link them.

Cheers,
-Steve