Re: Ginkgo-CADx segfaults

On Friday, November 11, 2011 01:55:51 AM Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:23:01AM +0100, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> > On Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:03:09 AM Steffen Möller wrote:
> > > Sorry for saying the obvious here, but if the bug is not
> > > Debian-specific, then it should go to ITK upstream.
>
> I definitely encourage that patches for upstream bugs be sent
> upstream.
>
> > The question was more along the lines if Debian packages accept patches
> > which upstream refuses (have not checked with upstream ITK but have had
> > issues with wxwidgets).
>
> It's common for Debian to have patches not in upstream.  Often, in my
> experience, it's not because of upstream refusal but due to differing
> priority or differing release cycles.  I generally have a number of
> patches for Boost that upstream takes multiple releases to
> incorporate.
>
> If you have a patch for the problem, I encourage you to submit a
> Debian bug report as well as the upstream one, and link them.

Raising this problem upstream at Ginkgo I was pointed to

this bug report against itk upstream

https://itk.icts.uiowa.edu/jira/browse/ITK-2457

The comment from Mathieu there made me check which gdcm libinsighttolkit
depends on in Debian

http://packages.debian.org/sid/libinsighttoolkit3.20

This however indicates that it already depends on gdcm 2.x

which in turn means the bug is not fixed ?

Supposedly most work is on itk4 which might make the problem go away.

Regards,
Sebastian