Re: GNU HEALTH in Debian .- Was RE: Medetel - IWEEE - Contact info

Hi Andrea

2011/11/3 Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>

> Hi Luis,
>
> I hope you do not mind if I quote you to the Debian Med mailing list
> where we are coordinating all our packaging efforts

Thanks for including the mail at Debian Med.

> On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 05:55:55PM -0300, Luis Falcon wrote:
> >
> > Cristina forwarded a mail about the idea of integrating GNU Health in
> > Debian. As a Debian user, I will be more than happy to see Health in
> > the coolest GNU/Linux distro :-)
> >
> > Now we have it also as a set of python modules, so it can be accessed from PyPI.
> >
> > The standard tar.gz is at GNU Savannah,
> > https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/health/
> >
> > So, let us know how can we collaborate and include GNU Health in Debian.
>
> IMHO the best idea is if somebody of your team would have a look into
> the preparation I did at
>
>    svn://svn.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/gnuhealth/trunk/

 Great. Yes, I'm copying part of the team.

I will also publish at GNU Health development list the call and see
who is interested in creating a debian package.

> where I just moved those files I formerly started at the URL I gave in
> my first posting.  Since then you obviosely have released several new
> versions (congratulation to this active development in a short time
> frame).  It would be a quite good idea if somebody from your development
> team would check this work whether it ends up with something useful with
> your recent version.  I admit I just adapted some metafiles to the new
> name and made sure that "uscan --force-download" will work with the new
> location.  I do not expect that a useful package will be obtained by
> just doing a 'debuild' because the debian/install file remains the
> medical string - but there is probably other stuff to do and thus I
> would like to leave this to interested hands with some more time I can
> currently invest into this task.
>
> If you have any question about Debian packaging details you are
> perfectly welcome to ask here on this list and we can cooperate to
> finally prepare reasonable packages for an upload to the Debian mirror
> as we talked about ad Med@Tel in Luxembourg.

We'll do use this list for the GNU Health Debian package.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to seeing you again at the next IWEEE !

Best

--
Luis Falcón
GNU Health