Re: GNU HEALTH in Debian .- Was RE: Medetel - IWEEE - Contact info

Hi Luis,

I hope you do not mind if I quote you to the Debian Med mailing list
where we are coordinating all our packaging efforts

On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 05:55:55PM -0300, Luis Falcon wrote:

> Cristina forwarded a mail about the idea of integrating GNU Health in
> Debian. As a Debian user, I will be more than happy to see Health in
> the coolest GNU/Linux distro :-)
>
> Now we have it also as a set of python modules, so it can be accessed from PyPI.
>
> The standard tar.gz is at GNU Savannah,
> https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/health/
>
> So, let us know how can we collaborate and include GNU Health in Debian.

IMHO the best idea is if somebody of your team would have a look into
the preparation I did at

    svn://svn.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/gnuhealth/trunk/

where I just moved those files I formerly started at the URL I gave in
my first posting.  Since then you obviosely have released several new
versions (congratulation to this active development in a short time
frame).  It would be a quite good idea if somebody from your development
team would check this work whether it ends up with something useful with
your recent version.  I admit I just adapted some metafiles to the new
name and made sure that "uscan --force-download" will work with the new
location.  I do not expect that a useful package will be obtained by
just doing a 'debuild' because the debian/install file remains the
medical string - but there is probably other stuff to do and thus I
would like to leave this to interested hands with some more time I can
currently invest into this task.

If you have any question about Debian packaging details you are
perfectly welcome to ask here on this list and we can cooperate to
finally prepare reasonable packages for an upload to the Debian mirror
as we talked about ad Med@Tel in Luxembourg.