Re: Am new and needs help

Hi Christoph,

thanks for showing up here on this list.  You are perfectly welcome to
drop your questions here.

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 09:16:14AM +0200, Dr. med. Christoph Gille wrote:
> I am going to contribute a project of mine as well as a couple
> Bioinformatics programs from different authors my software is
> depending on.

Sounds great.

> I have already an alioth account christophgil-guest.

... which I recently added to Debian Med team.

> I think I should now be able to check out like this
>
> svn co svn+ssh://christophgil-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/

--> this one should work.

> or
> svn co svn+ssh://christophgil@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/

I do not think that this will work because the '-guest' string is just
part of your user name on Alioth.

Did you read the SSH-tips at

    http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#ssh-tips

?  It links to a Wiki article in the Debian Wiki which you should read
as well.  The first test is to make sure that you can do

   ssh alioth

plainly.  If this works checking out and commiting via SVN usually works
nicely.

> But either command returns with an error.
>
>  svn: To better debug SSH connection problems, remove the -q option
>  from 'ssh' in the [tunnels] section of your Subversion configuration
>  file.
>  svn: Network connection closed unexpectedly

If you have continuous trouble you might like to post the output of

   ssh -v alioth

here.

> I am not sure whether I'll get the response by Email or whether I need
> to find the archive of this mailing list. My Email address is
> googlemail.com together with above account name.

Usually it makes sense to subscribe this mailing list because you will
get some interesting information for your work and the list his not that
crowded by postings that you can not bear the amount.  So the list
policy is not to CC the poster but I interpret your sentense above as a
"Please CC me" - however, I can not surely parse your description of
your e-mail address and thus I'm CCing your Sender address.  If you
prefer the mail to some other address simply spell it completely for
cut-n-pasting.

Hope this helps and thanks for your interest in Debian Med