Re: dicoogle

Hi Folks,

Thank you.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 05:48:05PM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> altogether -- I don't see anyone yet expressing desire to jump onto
> packaging (yet), nor there is an RFP (request for packaging) bugreport;
> so you might start from there:  on Debian system do

At least I added dicoogle to our tasks to make sure we will not forget
this interesting software.  This can be verified here:

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging#dicoogle

It is GPLv2 licence. You choose "free". I think it is wrong.

Anyway, I've some experience packing for debian based distribution. I already packed an application to Ubuntu (Python application).

As far as I know, in debian there are several more restrictions, right? I'm going to try create a "base" and since then we can discuss and helping me improving it okay?

> alternatively -- someone from your company might like to get familiar
> with Debian packaging, and start working on the package while consulting
> the mailing list whenever got stuck/ran into the problem.

I'd like to stress this:  We are here to help solving packaging issues.

Thanks for the hint anyway