Fwd: Bits from dpkg developers - dpkg 1.16.1

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>

* dpkg-buildpackage no longer exports CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS/LDFLAGS/CPPFLAGS/FFLAGS

Hi all,

  Did anyone try building a cmake based project after this change ? i
have not been able to find what I need to do to include this change. I
would like to avoid editing each and every single d/rules file to
force the setting of *FLAGS explicitly:

export CFLAGS := $(shell dpkg-buildflags --get CFLAGS)
export CXXFLAGS := $(shell dpkg-buildflags --get CXXFLAGS)
export CPPFLAGS := $(shell dpkg-buildflags --get CPPFLAGS)
export LDFLAGS := $(shell dpkg-buildflags --get LDFLAGS)

I am hoping there would be something easier.

thanks