Re: compiling ginkgocadx

Am Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2011, 10:26:05 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 10:11:37AM +0200, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> > I will check but since it did seem to work for Andreas ( I took it from
> > his last mail that he has debug enable (?).
>
> Perhaps I missinterpreted your hint to CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE when I added the
> following line to debian/rules:
>
> CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE = debug
>
> If you did something else it is clear why I did not run into the error ...
>
> But what probably really helped to keep the debug information was:
>
> override_dh_strip:
>         echo "Do not strip"
>
> At least lintian is now awrning about not stripped executables.  If I'm
> not missleaded there is a control variable which prevents dh_strip from
> doing its job but I never can remember its name and for a quick
> debugging shot this helps as well.
>
> > BTW.
> > The unstriped binaries Andreas provided did not get me a backtrace.
>
> Uhmmm, that smells like a quite ugly problem.  Carlos, can you perhaps
> try the Debian package at
>
>    http://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/ginkgocadx/download
>
> (only for amd64).
>
> > I will provide more information in another mail.
>
> Ahhh, hope you have some clue.

After updating parts of my system to testing (e.g. for libvtk5-dev)

it now errors out with the known cmake issue ( I think it pulled in a new
cmake and libc6 along the line).

Guess I will have to wait.

I have sent valgrind logs to upstream (as suggested by upstream) so I hope a
solution will come from their end.

Thanks for the effort,
Sebastian