Re: dcmtk / Ginkgo CADx

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 01:39:48PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> I see. What's the meaning of FTBFS, anyway ?

Fails To Build From Source.

> > > We can then file a proper bug against the uploaded package
> > > regarding the cmake problem.
> >
> > Feel free to do so, once it is in unstable.  Perhaps it also makes sense
> > to make some noise about it to the cmake maintainers ...
>
> You bet I will.

Hmmm, so you will hopefully test the Build in an unstable chroot to
verify the problem before ...

> It doesn't always lead to the desired
> result, though:
>
> 	http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=607714

Well, I have no idea about this one but I admit the fact that the
(potential) problem with ginkgo-cadx could end similarly, because we can
not do anything about this but fixing the cmake multiarch issue.  I will
not dig into cmake (but what would be really helpful is to check that
the problem is known to cmake maintainers (= if there is an appropriate
bug filed) and that proper "affects" information is provided.