Re: dcmtk / Ginkgo CADx

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:42:54PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > However, I tried building the package on testing and this works.  So I
> > consider to upload the package build under testing which will be helpful
> > for the testers in any case.
>
> Sounds great !

It's just in incoming now.

> Just for my understanding: This will carry a versioned
> build-dep for cmake which forces it to (at most) the last
> in-testing version, right ?

No.  I left out a versioned build depends.  The rationale is that cmake
should be able to build the package with *any* version.  The current
cmake version in unstable is just broken and you can not bild with this
very version.  It does not make sense to exclude specific broken
versions of packages in Build-Depends.  The only effect we will see is
that we will get a FTBFS bug against ginkgo-cadx package if the periodic
full archive rebuild will happen before cmake is fixed.

> > Once cmake is ready for multiarch builds
> > everything should work fine.
>
> We can then file a proper bug against the uploaded package
> regarding the cmake problem.

Feel free to do so, once it is in unstable.  Perhaps it also makes sense
to make some noise about it to the cmake maintainers ...