Re: inclusion of binaries+source in package question

Le Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 09:04:44AM +0200, Olivier Sallou a écrit :
> .
> In biomaj watcher, I need to include some binaries due to missing gwt2 package (and task too hard for the moment for me to package it).
> As such, with their license, source code must be available.

Bonjour Olivier,

correct me if I am wrong, but if the GWT2 package is only distributed under the
Apache 2.0 license, as debian/copyright indicates, there is no need to
redistribute its source code.

http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html

However, pay attention that this license requires us to distribute copies of
the NOTICE files that may be here and there, not only in GWT's root directory.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,