ubuntu backport on launchpad usage

Hi,
I have 2 questions on ubuntu backport on debian-med launchpad:

1) can we put a package, simply to get it available on current ubuntu
version? (though deb package will be available on next ubuntu release).
If yes, how do we manage it from version point of view ? If debian
package has version xxx-2, on launchpad we should put xxx-2~lucid1 ?

2) How do we manage  changelog. Should we update svn changelog of the
package to add a ~lucid1 (for example) in the history then send the
package to launchpad, or should we get the source code, create a
specific changelog for launchpad and then send the package?

Thanks

Olivier

--
gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (pgp.mit.edu)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438