Re: Preparing packages of Ginkgo CAD - a highly requested medical image viewer (Was: Ginkgo - translation, perfomance, Debian packaging)

Am Montag, 2. Mai 2011, 12:04:27 schrieb Karsten Hilbert:
> On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 12:02:12PM +0200, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > > Subject: Preparing packages of Ginkgo CAD - a highly requested medical
> > > image viewer (Was: Ginkgo - translation, perfomance, Debian packaging)
> >
> > This is not only (yet) a(nother) medical image viewer - this
> > is a DICOM viewer fit for day-to-day healthcare. The only
> > other viewer in Debian that - conceptually - does the same
> > thing is Aeskulap and that doesn't even come close in terms
> > of functionality.
>
> And whoever packages this will be my hero :-))

I got word that Fedora people are packaging it as part of a Google summer of
Code project. So I guess it makes sense to keep an eye on it.

You can follow/comment on the progress here:
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-medical/ticket/12
and here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Medical_Imaging

Sebastian