question about packaging nonfree software
- To: Debian Med Project List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: question about packaging nonfree software
- From: George Marselis <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 21:07:11 +0100
- Message-id: <BANLkTi=BcbFER_+5bDRaWrMyykWDn=nOYg@mail.gmail.com>
As you all know, a lot of bioinformatics programs come in nonfree
packaging. Newbler comes easily to mind.
What is the policy for including software in debian-med? I mean, free
software uber alles, yes, but some people will just not release the
software under the gpl. what then? For example, I have a copy of the
source of newbler 2.3 and 2.5. I would love to have a package for
What would be the recommended course of action for a nonfree program
that I would like to include into debian-med?