question about packaging nonfree software

Hey guys,

As you all know, a lot of bioinformatics programs come in nonfree
packaging. Newbler comes easily to mind.

What is the policy for including software in debian-med? I mean, free
software uber alles, yes, but some people will just not release the
software under the gpl. what then? For example, I have a copy of the
source of newbler 2.3 and 2.5. I would love to have a package for
newbler.

What would be the recommended course of action for a nonfree program
that I would like to include into debian-med?