Re: Report from Med@Tel

Hi everyone,

I think it's a good idea to spread the word on social networks. The way news and information spread over them it's very interesting and fast! Maybe it won't be the best way to promote the project but it sure represents a nice, cool, NEW way of spreading the word and maybe in the future keep people interested in DebianMed updated with the latest stuff. I have no idea of how it can be done, but I can gladly help you with this.

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com> wrote:

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > http://identi.ca/neurodebian
> > http://twitter.com/NeuroDebian
> > So it would only be logical to get DebianMed and DebianScience out there.
> Logical, yes.  ...
> How are you creating those NeuroDebian feeds?

I usually just go to
http://identi.ca/neurodebian
and Send a new twit

> Is there some automatic
> mechanism we could copy?

nothing to copy really ;) identi.ca provides configuration item
'Twitter' to "Connect your Twitter account to share your updates with
your Twitter friends and vice-versa." so you just need to post to
identi.ca and get it posted to Twitter as well

> unrelieably.  So a feed should be created if dput is called (if we
> decide that uploads are worth a feed).

for now we do twits manually: indeed it could be automated for those
about uploads, and may be with explicit changelog entry providing
the actual title, e.g. marking a leading entry in the latest changelog
as [twit]  (for some uploads we do not bother with twitting since they
are more of infrastructure-related, not user oriented who would not
care).