Re: Report from Med@Tel

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 07:44:24PM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> FWIW: Debian is known to twitter:
>  http://twitter.com/debian
>
> And for NeuroDebian we have exactly that -- brief announcements on new
> releases made available:
>
> http://identi.ca/neurodebian
> http://twitter.com/NeuroDebian
>
> So it would only be logical to get DebianMed and DebianScience out there.

Logical, yes.  But who is volunteering to do this?

How are you creating those NeuroDebian feeds?  Is there some automatic
mechanism we could copy?  I'm absolutely convinced that if uploading a
package makes more work than dput all other work will be done only
unrelieably.  So a feed should be created if dput is called (if we
decide that uploads are worth a feed).

Or similarly it might make sense if we added a new package to the tasks
file or if a package changed its category for instance from "just listed"
to "packaging" in SVN/Git or "new" or "in main".