Re: Report from Med@Tel

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > http://identi.ca/neurodebian
> > http://twitter.com/NeuroDebian
> > So it would only be logical to get DebianMed and DebianScience out there.
> Logical, yes.  ...
> How are you creating those NeuroDebian feeds?

I usually just go to
http://identi.ca/neurodebian
and Send a new twit

> Is there some automatic
> mechanism we could copy?

nothing to copy really ;) identi.ca provides configuration item
'Twitter' to "Connect your Twitter account to share your updates with
your Twitter friends and vice-versa." so you just need to post to
identi.ca and get it posted to Twitter as well

> unrelieably.  So a feed should be created if dput is called (if we
> decide that uploads are worth a feed).

for now we do twits manually: indeed it could be automated for those
about uploads, and may be with explicit changelog entry providing
the actual title, e.g. marking a leading entry in the latest changelog
as [twit]  (for some uploads we do not bother with twitting since they
are more of infrastructure-related, not user oriented who would not
care).