Re: gbrowse2 packaging

Hi Olivier,

On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 05:54:13PM +0200, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> This should solve the size issue for arch.

This looks much better!

Now for the final polishing.  I consulted README.Debian and I think it
needs more expertise than a normal user has to learn what to do next.
I as admin with experience assumed that I will have a clue once I have
a look into /etc/apache2/config.d/gbrowse to what URL I should point
my browser - but a kind explanation right inside README.Debian would
be definitely helpful.

So I tried

   http://localhost/gbrowse2/

which looks fine.  However the linke from there to

   http://localhost/gbrowse2/example_scripts/

throws

   Forbidden

   You don't have permission to access /gbrowse2/example_scripts/ on this server.

All the example databases work fine (and this looks cool and useful
somehow).  However, the third example

   http://localhost/cgi-bin/gbrowse/gbrowse/yeast_renderfarm/

has some strings

   Track rendering error: The rendering process crashed

on the page.

Going further down I get

   http://localhost/fgb2/gbrowse/yeast

   Not Found

   The requested URL /fgb2/gbrowse/yeast was not found on this server.

and

   http://localhost/mgb2/gbrowse/yeast

   Not Found

   The requested URL /mgb2/gbrowse/yeast was not found on this server.

I have the feeling that you need to do some clever symlinking for
fastcgi and modperl to let this work.

If I try

   http://localhost/gb2/

directly I also get

   Forbidden

   You don't have permission to access /gb2/ on this server.

but this might be the intended behaviour.