Re: archiving DICOM imagery for human consumption

On Fri, 04 Mar 2011, martin f krafft wrote:
> > And for easy visualization and processing (e.g. you could create
> > cool 3D meshes of your brain) - convert to NIfTI

> >                 apt-get install dicomnifti

> Okay, nice! Can you recommend a good viewer? I hope I am not
> stretching anyone's patience here. ;)

it is quite difficult since you would not be believe but we have quite a
few of them in Debian (neuroimaging was mentioned in squeeze release
notes for a reason): e.g. look at

http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/imaging

I personally use fslview for having a quick glance over images. Mricron
is cool in that it is probably the only project in Debian written in
Free Pascal (builds and runs very fast ;) although with 'online'
renderer you can stretch the limits)... etc