Re: gbrowse2 package

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 04:44:34PM +0100, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> for javascript dependencies, gbrowse use the latest ones. I  can't
> consider using the debian ones as I do not know exact gbrowse
> requirements for those libraries. All I know is the current version in
> use as they include it.

Both JS libraries have the same version as in gbrowse is packaged in
experimental.  Perhaps this can be simply solved by pinging the authors
about the reason for this.  It might simply be a remaining of the
release process.

> One possible thing would be to upgrade prototype/scriptaculous to latest
> versions in debian repository.

I do not consider it worth spending much time into it just to resolve
a lintian warning.  My concern is about security:  Copies of code just
suck security wise and it should be avoided if possible.

> Should I use maintainers to upgrade it?

Simply ask them if a transition from experimental to unstable can be
done in a reasonable time frame.  We should keep in mind that even if we
upload gbrowse soonish it will be at the end of the queue where other
recently uploaded packages are hanging around.  Chances are not bad that
the question becomes a non issue once gbrowse will enter unstable.  I'd
regard it a fair compromise just to ignore the issue for now and update
the package once it has entered unstable and re-check the version of the
JS libraries at this time.