Re: [Soap] Source code for SOAPdenovo available?

Hi RuiBang,

many thanks for considering to release your bio-medical software under a
free license.  While my question rather was about SOAPdenovo because
some colleague had some explicite interest in this part we definitely are
interested in including other high quality software - provided that the
license is free according to the Free Software definition.

In the past we made quiet good experience in working closely together
with the authors of this software (in Debian slang "upstream authors").
They know best about the details of their software and in several cases
we just trained them in building Debian packages and the Debian Med team
acted as so called sponsors of the packages into the official Debian
distribution.  It depends a bit from the complexity of the build system
what way is the most effective way to finally get the packages ready
into shape.  So once I have seen your code I can make a suggestion how
we reasonably proceede to reach the common goal which is making your
software more popular and usable in the world of biologic research and
making Debian in its flavour Debian Med even better fit for biologists.