Re: Debian Med Bioinformatics Sprint in Lübeck : post-install

Some answers on BLAST+ and T-Coffee...

> > along with BLAST+
> > enables a key mode of operation in T-Coffee but currently the BLAST+ bit
> > only works with our bio-linux-blast+ package.  I'm continuing to work on
> > this.
>
> Did you actually found out what BLAST+ is (I remember you were wondering
> about the difference between blast2 and blast+).

I know about BLAST and BLAST+, but what I'm not sure about is the
packaging and distribution.  I think NCBI distribute BLAST both as a
standalone download and as part of the monster NCBI-tools tarball which
is already packaged (not in Debian-Med) by Aaron Ucko.  But something is
missing from that - certainly something needs to be changed to make
T-Coffee happy - but I ran out of time looking at this in Lübeck.

> > Apart from that we compiled the latest upstream (only on Ubuntu Lucid -
> > someone needs to try it on Sid!) and also did a bit of tidying with help
> > from Andreas.
>
> Just tell us were the stuff we should test is located (simply commit the
> packaging stuff to SVN).

Just to clarify, I meant the upstream of T-Coffee, not BLAST+.
I committed everything to SVN before I packed up on Sunday.  I can't
imagine any reason why it wouldn't suitable for Sid but I don't want to
promise it works as I didn't test it.

Cheers,

TIM

--