Re: MediSnap - GPLv3 medical photo system - just released

Hi Karsten,

Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> Hello Jan,
>
> a few notes regarding your release:
>
> The good news is that it runs as-is on an as-is Debian/Testing.

thanks for testing!

> - the INSTALLATION could say that the database name should be "medisnap"

ok, added this.

> - the database user is "jan" by default in the frontend
> - the SQL script, however, grants permissions to "medisnap"

yeah, changed username to 'medisnap' in MediSnap.properties this
morning, so already fixed this in the latest release ;)

> It might be useful to add "create user" and "create
> database" somewhere, either to the DB init script or to a
> shell script tying together all three steps.

for now i added these steps into the INSTALL, i'll create some kind of
setup script when i know what will be placed where within debian
(probably the properties-Files should go into /etc/medisnap, and so on,
i'm sure there'll be some more changes to come)

> Karsten

For now I removed the postgresql and hsql libraries from the release and
i found that with 'aptitude install libpg-java' the needed postgresql
java driver is easily available. Added this to the INSTALL as well.

So the dependencies are so far:
- - some java, don't know yet which package exactly
- - postgresql
- - libpg-java

What I don't know is what I should do with the proprietary parts from
Olympus. The whole Development-Package is definitely not for
redistribution. Anyway some 'parts' of it are free for redistribution
(they say the ones that are need to run it, but  not the ones needed to
compile it .. ).
If you want take a look at it here: http://developer.olympus.com/
.. Anyway, those are not of interest for debian and thus i'll care about
this later.

cu,

jan

I'll be on the road for two days (sunday and monday), so don't worry if
I won't respond that quickly ;)

PS: should this discussion also be on gnumed-devel ? If so feel free to
repost there!

- --
publictimestamp.org/ptb/PTB-10970 ripemd320 2011-01-22 11:47:41
C2928D174247422A22760B78B02FAA044A1C4D284C0EBFAFAA91B8B28D690AD44F831B
0D9576B116