Re: MediSnap - GPLv3 medical photo system - just released

> [KSB] Let me ask another question in response.  If there are several
> practices sharing a server for their patient electronic health records,
> but isolated from each other (different userids, different groups,
> different directories), would they install MediSnap separately for each
> practice or would MediSnap be installed once on the system with each
> practice creating its own image database?

If I correctly understand MediSnap it does not use a database to
store the images - those are stored in the filesystem and MediSnap
is configured to point to that location. Thus it fully depends on
the configuration (what about concurrent access ?).

The metadata seems stored in a PostgreSQL database. Since it is likely
possible to access that database from anywhere on the network it is,
again, up to the configuration.

Does that help ?

Karsten