Re: Drafting release notes

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 08:18:55AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Yes, we definitely should do so.  I also try to point out that DebiChem
> and Debian GIS now are using the Blends techniques and I will care for
> the according sections (and hope it will not blur the document to much).

If we focus on significant achievements rather then forcing a paragraph
for every sub-project/blend in Debian I don't see us in danger of
blurring the release notes. If we don't succeed with that, I'm sure
we'll face opposition from its maintainers.

> > If people want, we can coordinate that work on a wiki page and I can take
> > care of merging things into a docbook-format patch to the release notes.
> > Alternatively, you can also simply post snippets on the list and I'll
> > harvest them.
>
> IMHO the "snippets and harvest" method would make the most effort for you
> and thus I would not suggest this.  If you volunteer to transform Wiki to
> docbook I think Wiki is fine.  Alternatively we might use
>
>    svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/community
>
> to edit the docbook file but that's a matter of taste and you might decide
> yourself.

Whatever gets most responses?

"Entscheidend ist was hinten raus kommt!" [German ex-heavy weight champion]

Michael

--
GPG key:  1024D/3144BE0F Michael Hanke
http://mih.voxindeserto.de