Re: State of the embassy-* packages in Squeeze.
On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 11:16:31PM -0400, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 08:55:32 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > To put the emboss and embassy packages in consistency in Squeeze, here are
> > possible solutions:
> > - Remove the embassy-* packages from testing.
> > - Upload emboss 6.2 to testing-proposed-updates.
> > - Upgrade embassy-* packages with the latest upstream version, that builds
> > against emboss 6.3, and let emboss 6.3 in testing.
> 1 would be ok with me, 2 would not, and 3 would depend on the timeframe
> and on the amount of changes it represents.
As well as Charles I have a strong preference for option 3.
> (Other release team members
> may have other opinions though.)
That means we should wait for the opinion of other release team members?
I'm just asking because this remark leaves us unclear in what direction
we should proceed.