Re: Clouds and NG sequencing

Hello,

On 08/10/2010 01:38 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:

>>  >DId you ever have shown your colleagues the page which
>>
>>> lists everything we have[1]?
>>>
>> I am yet to do that.
>>
>> Additionally I want to start something regarding Debian at my local level, I have space to organize any event(100 people max).
>> I am planning to hold a one day workshop for undergraduate students in my city, regarding "An Introduction to Linux in Bioinformatics."
>>
>> Any more ideas??
>>
> I have a certain amount of slides covering this topic available at
>
>    http://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/
>
> perhaps you can "steal" some content to prepare a talk.

I have no real idea on how much this would cost, but possibly we could
get some money from somewhere to have a Debian developer come over
and help with the packaging of your local developments. The gpg keysigning
would be another reason to go, which is the seed of any direct contribution
to the distribution. And of course it might help your local event.

With best regards,

Steffen