Re: Astronaut inclusion in Debian-med.

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 03:07:00PM -0400, K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
> [KSB] I have personally not had the bandwidth to create GT.M Debian
> packages.  However, there are at least three, and perhaps four, Debian
> packages for GT.M that I know of.  However, none of them is accommodates
> the full generality that GT.M requires.  I have currently taken apart
> and am looking over two of the packages and will provide feedback in the
> next week or so to the packagers, and perhaps encourage them to pool
> efforts.

I would *really* welcome it if we would be able to assemble these
attempts under the Debian Med umbrella and move the packaging stuff
to the Debian Med SVN.  For me the last status mail from you was,
that you changed the installation routine of GT.M in a way that
you are able to configure the installation target dir (which is
needed to build a Debian package.  Is this realised now and can
we base on this release with the packaging?

> I hope this helps.  We are moving forward, only not as fast as any of us
> would like.

As always - but that's no real problem.  IMHO we will miss the next
Debian release (Squeeze) anyway - but that's no real problem - I think
it is fine if we might put GT.M and VistA into Squeeze+1.

Thanks for your input and please do not hesitate to ask packagers to
join us on this list[1] and on Alioth[2].

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-med
[2] https://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-med/