Re: Release tarball of qrisk?

Dear Stephen,

> It looks like the most sensible thing for me to do is to prepare one tarball of all of our open source tools, and to make sure that that is properly versioned.
> The intention is to re-fit each of the risk scores annually to the latest data from the QResearch database (http://qresearch.org), (next release Jan/Feb 2011).

Makes total sense.

> We are not able yet to release the UK Postcode to Townsend deprivation map, as there are IP issues involved.  E.g. the QRISK2-2010 score, as implemented on http://qintervention.org and within our commercial SDK, rely upon this to factor deprivation into the score.   We are currently in negotiations to publish the map under a creative commons licence, though that may take some time.

It may be an option to leave out qintervention of to leave
out the problematic dataset -- which eager users may want to
obtain separately by other (legal) means and have the tools
working when the data is in place.

> PS The Q stands for "from QResearch", where the Q stands for "enquiry, or query/curiosity driven", IIRC.

I was wondering because its meaning might inform on choosing
a fitting package name.

Thanks for your great work !

Karsten Hilbert, MD
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346