Re: GMAP -- Align mRNA and EST sequences to a genome

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 02:01:08PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > I had changed the upstream version number from
> > gmap-2010-03-09
> > gmap-20100309
> >
> > This change isn't strictly necessary. Should I undo this?
>
> I would recommend to use the same version number as Upstream when possible.

I have a (possibly contradictive) suggestion:  If you somehow base
the version on the release date, you should rather use

  gmap-0.0.20100309

in this example.  Rationale: Once upstream might decide for "usual" version
numbers like 0.1, 0.2, ..., 1.0 etc. all these numbers will be larger than
0.0.<date>.