Re: CMake: FindJNI on hppa

Hello,

On antradienis 04 Gegužė 2010 23:41:54 Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Ok, I am giving up. Because of bug :
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=544674 I thought I
> could just copy the findjni.cmake from vtk. But as usual I must be
> doing something wrong. I cannot just simply re-use it. I truly do not
> understand what is going on.

I share your pain. Whoever thought of that stupid java JRE_LIB_ARCH directory
which is weird different on each arch must have been smoking some crack.
Really poor attempt at multiarch.

> So if I do not use a local findjni.cmake but the one from cmake 2.8.1
> it fails on mipsel and armel, if I start using the findjni.cmake from
> vtk (debian package), it start failing on hppa.
>
> I do not have access to those machine to actually be able to debug
> that, so I am really hoping someone can give me a hand here.
>
> Thanks a bunch,
> --
> Mathieu
> Ps: I can also give up and wait for the next upload of cmake which
> hopefully could be in time for squeeze and vtk transition...

That's my bug and no matter how I'm tired of it I will solve it one way or
another. As for squeeze, freeze is still minimum 2 months off so I don't think
you have to worry about anything and put pressure on yourself too much. Once
cmake is fixed, you have to only request give backs anyway which won't delay
transition to testing unlike sourceful maintainer uploads.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>