Re: dicomscope ready for upload

Le Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 04:05:35PM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre a écrit :
> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 12:51:20PM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> >> Hi there,

> >> I believe dicomscope is ready for upload.
> >
> > Because Charles pointed out having a stronger look at debian/copyright:
> > I do not understand the references to "DCMTK software", "portions of the
> > DCMTK software package", "parts of this software within the dcmtk/dcmnet
> > sub-package", "dcmjpeg sub-package" ...  I do not have the slightest
> > idea to which part of the upstream tarball you are refering to.
>
> Sorry about that I must have used the copyright from dcmtk as
> template, and completely forgot about updating it.

Hi Mathieu,

I had a look at the sources of DICOMscope and its homepage, and did not find
any mention of its redistribution rights. Since this is in sharp contrast with
DCMTK, and since there is a big disclaimer on the homepage warning that
DICOMscope is a proof of principle not meant for clinical use, I think that we
can not assume that it is redistributable. We need Upstream to properly give a
license to it if we want to distribute it in Debian.

Not directly related, but although we have no parser yet, I added a
debian/upstream-metadata.yaml file to indicate Upstream's donation URL.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,