Re: Please review the copyright file of bwa.

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 02:02:43PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> While working on the machine-readable format for Debian copyright files, I
> realised that there are several good reasons to not use the same format as for
> Debian control files (which actually does not comply with RFC822).

What exactly are the reasons that it is not RFC822 compliant?  I did not
dived into this into very detail, but I'm curious because we are using
this format in the tasks files and I'm using a Python RFC822 library to
parse them.

> I think that the chances I propose make the machine-readable Debian copyright
> files much more human-readable. See for another example libbio-scf-perl:

OK.  Sounds reasonable.  I'm watching your efforts from a distant ...

> About your other question: I tend to chose CDBS when I forsee that compilation
> flags may have to be tuned, because it is more straightforward to do so with
> CDBS in my opinion.

OK.  Feel free to choose whatever you like more.