Re: Status of BioRuby

On Oct 5, 2009, at 2:38 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
If you think you (or anybody else) will not manage to test the result
of my packaging stuff we might just go with the upload and wait for
users reporting bugs.

On further thought, maybe my question about your time-frame does
not really matter too much.

Ruby is unusual in that it comes with unit-testing built in.  If BioRuby
used that feature you probably would not have asked for help in the
first place.

Maybe it would be best to upload the package as-is and take the time
to build testing into the package in an ordered way. After the unit- testing
is written, and any interim user complaints have been addressed, and
feedback from some of the original authors has been solicited, then
the better version could be uploaded?

An earlier comment about extending BioRuby in the direction of
the Rails framework does not seem really manageable to me without
using unit-testing.

Regards,

JMM