Re: Status of BioRuby

On Sun, Oct 04, 2009 at 08:05:46PM -0400, John M Miller wrote:
>> you at alioth - I would welcome if you could register
> Done as jmmiller-guest.

Welcome as a member of Debian Med team! ;-)

>> and I will add you
>> to the Debian Med project.  You might like to read the Debian Med
>> policy[1].
> Ok, looks like I need to refresh my memory about Subversion.

Charles recently pointed[1] to a very helpful link how to deal with
svn and ssh on Alioth.[2]

So it might be sufficient to do

  svn checkout svn+ssh://jmmiller-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/packages/bioruby

>> What do you think?
> Right now I am thinking that I may not be as fast at this as you might
> be hoping.

Well, my packaging looks OK from a packaging perspective (except that
some image files end up in /usr/lib instead of /usr/share, but that's
rather nitpicking of lintian).  The file layout in the new packages
the same as in the old packages.  I think it rather needs somebody to
actually *test* the packages because I have no idea what to do here.

If you think you (or anybody else) will not manage to test the result
of my packaging stuff we might just go with the upload and wait for
users reporting bugs.

Kind regards and thanks for your offer to help in any case

        Andreas.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2009/09/msg00116.html
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/SSH