Re: FreeDiams uploaded

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 02:31:05PM +0200, Eric MAEKER wrote:
>> I'd suggest we try the same packaging stuff on your new version.
> Ok for the three file packaging. Can you help me on configuring a
> package repository ? I known 'repro' as a repository maker...

I'm afraid I do not understand the question.  What exactly is
repro?
You get the three binary packages if you unpack your source tarball
checkout the debian directory of freediams from SVN copy it to
the unpackage tarball and say `debuild` there.  That's basically
all.

> Oh I understand, Litian warns about a wrong rpath and you tried to
> remove the whole rpath configuration ?

Yes.  And I redid this change because at least my change broke the
resulting binary.

> If this is the problem, yes you should better ignore it for now... I
> don't really know how to remove these warnings easily for now.

This is what I suggested.

> That's true. I don't really know what is the best choice for this
> dialog.
> You should know that it appears only once each time you update the
> version, or at the first start up.
> This is not really annoying.

It is finally your decision and I just have given a comment from my
(uneducated) perspective.  If you think it is needed - just ignore my
comment.  But after your explanation I actually wonder whether the
current way to express:

>>> I must add a start message like this : "FreeDiams MUST NOT BE USED
>>> for
>>> automedication, please contact your doctor."

is very proably overlooked by users who are "trained" to click licensing
information away ...  So I would really not mix up the licensing
information which is actually more or less useless whith the medical
information which seems to be very important.  At least *I* did *not*
noticed this information.

>> I have no idea whether this is needed or not.  You might discuss this
>> issue on the Debian Med list because there are doctors who might know.
> Ok so the question is asked ;)

Fine for me but as I said try to focus it more onto the real intend.