Re: Representation of networks paragraph on Wiki DebianSystemsBiology

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 11:46:53AM +0200, Steffen Moeller wrote:
> Some are end-user tools, some others are rather for -dev. I would wait for integrating
> them. The tasks list should not attempt to be complete.

Well, it should be *helpful*  If it is helpful for users to rather leave
out a package from our list we should probably do this.  But if a
package shows up on a Wiki page and thus users get an explicite link to
this package I assume it was there for a reason.  I wanted to clarify
this reason and do a proper action.

> Even the (mid 90s published)
> databases on biological software have given up.

So we will not include them into Debian (if you realise that something
is on out tasksk page which fits under this category please at least add
a proper "Remark" field or even remove it.  And if there is some
outdated unmaintained software with bad quality we should not only drop
it from our list but also from Debian in general.  I would not regard
the work of a Blends team to *only* *add* software to the package pool
but use the competence of the team to also drop software if it does not
meet our standards (done so with biomode, btw. my next removal candidate
is molphy).

Klarmachen zum Ändern!