Re: Representation of networks paragraph on Wiki DebianSystemsBiology

Le Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 11:01:16AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> I stumbled upon single table on
>
>    http://wiki.debian.org/DebianSystemsBiology
>
> which is in the paragraph "Representation of networks".  I failed to
> find a clue about the original intention of the author of this table.
> It lists a lot of available packages but I'm not sure to what category
> it might fit.  Any suggestion what to do with these packages?

Hi Andreasm

these programs could be used to generate pictures similar to what you can
see in the following Google images search:

http://images.google.com/images?q=biological+network

Unsurprisingly, the packaged ones are generalist tools, while the ones for
biologists are not yet packaged. This said, given how Java is popular among
them, there was a good reason until the Lenny release.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,