Re: Plans for Squeeze release and Alioth accounts.

Am Montag 10 August 2009 09:49:51 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 12:08:54PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > time flies fast and we are already between one third and the half of this
> > release cycle. I propose that we discuss what are the goals that we would
> > like to acheive in Debian Squeeze.
>
> Thanks again for this call.  Here are three things I would have in mind:
>
>   1. Turning the debian-live based live CD Sebastian Hilbert has prepared
>      to provide GNUmed into a general Debian Med live CD and maintain the
>      input files in our SVN.

This is fairly easy. Debian live expects a list of packages to install. I can
provide my config which can be stored in SVN but the config might get oudated
when debian-live changes over time.

So the true approach is to use their cmd line arguments to pass options (which
results in a config file)

To make this feasible someone needs to compile a list of packages. This needs
to be turned into a package list. It is best to maintain that package list.
One can even supply that one upstream so it is shiped by default.

Let me know if you want my config files as a start or if you want to go down
the package list route.

http://live.debian.net/manual/html/packages.html#id455389

Sebastian

>      I have not yet dived into debian-live nor am I a big fan of live CDs
>      in general.  But I learned that people are asking for it frequently
>      and IMHO it comes quite cheap with less effort considering Sebastians
>      work.  It would be great if somebody would volunteer to spend some
> time into this.

I can try to assist if anyone wants to take it on. It is really less work than
one would expect. It can be automated to rebuild a CD once a new package is
released. There are even some ways to automate testing through qemu and a
video of the boot process.

Sebastian