Re: post-inst message for autodock

Le Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 02:00:35PM +0200, Steffen Moeller a écrit :

> In principle, Debian-Med could have its own PayPal account to collect
> donations, but this would take much of the fun away, I think. Money should
> go to upstream directly and unconditionally.

Hi Steffen,

I think that there is a misunderstanding: I am proposing that upstream provides
a web page that describes the best way to support their project, and that
Debian advertises it in strategic places of its infrastructure, like our web
site (the Debian Med part and possibly packages.debian.org), the README.Debian
file in our source packages, and if possible our central database
(http://udd.debian.org/). I mostly mentionned PayPal money because it would
extend the usefullness of the proposition to many non-academic software, and
that the more packages would provide support information, the more users would
be trainded to look for it in the right place.

Cheers,

--
Charles