Re: Psychology task

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 01:08:14PM +0200, Michael Hanke wrote:
> while updating the status of ODIN in the imaging-dev task I saw that a
> new psychology task has been added to debian-med. I wonder whether this
> would not be more appropriate in the more general debian-science
> context?

Ahhh - mails have crossed ... I just announced this new task.

Well, my opinion is quite straight: Psychology is about health - so
this is something for us.

If you think psychology has a comparable state to other sciences
in Debian Science there is no reason agains adding such a task in
Debian Science as well.  There is no reason for "competing" about
certain tasks in different blends.  For instance Debian Edu has
all several science tasks as well - but they have a different aspect
to include one or the other package - or leave some of them out.
So if you think Debian Science should feature a psychology task
just discuss this on the Debian Science list.  I'm personally not
realy convinced - but it is not about my personal opinion and
I might be wrong here.  A task simply exists if there is somebody
who will care for it.

BTW, technically we might try to crosslink the tasks dependencies
as Debian Science is doing it with med-bio.