Re: Invalid dependencies

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 09:59:55AM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> $ gdcm2vtk /home/mmalaterre/Dashboards/Theralys/gdcmData/MR-MONO2-12-angio-an1.acr
> out2.dcm
> gdcm2vtk: error while loading shared libraries:
> libvtkRendering.so.5.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory
>
> The solution is to install libvtk5 from unstable which provide
> libvtkRendering.so.5.2
>
> I am not sure what is the correct way to solve this dependencie ?

IMHO this is a typical case for a versioned dependency.  Try

  Depends: libvtk5 (>= version_which_works)

this issue should be solved.  On th eother hand for Etch users
this might need backporting the package (either by using different
dependencies or backporting the working library to Etch).

BTW, I adjusted the tasks dependencies for imaging

    Depends: libgdcm-tools

and imaging-dev

    Depends: libgdcm2-dev

Unfortunately thses do not (yet) show up on our tasks pages because
the code which generates the tasks pages only parses Packages file of
i386 (yes, I know this sucks and I'm working on it in all the small
chunks of spare time).  So as long as gdcm is not available for i386
it will not show up on our tasks pages or I finish the UDD using
tasks pages - whatever comes first.

Meanwhile you might comment on the dependencies - perhaps we should
list all the *-dev packages in imaging-dev? What do you think?

Kind regards and thanks for working on gdcm