Re: [med-svn] r3314 - trunk/packages/gdcm/trunk/debian

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>
>> That's something I misunderstood also myself. I thought I was supposed
>> to provide the copyright for the installed binary, while it seems you
>> need to provide a copyright for the original source code.
>> Since gdcm builds on Win32 system a couple of copyright (BSD
>> compatible) are needed:
>>
>> * a C99 replacement for stdint.h
>> * getopt
>>
>> Those files are not installed on *nix system.
>
> Ahh, OK, this makes sense.  If there would be an *additional* reason
> to rebuild the source package (saving considerable amount of size, removing
> unneded binaries whatever - I havn't checked the file) I would probably
> consider repackaging the source tarball in a get-orig-source target.
> So we might be able to get rid of things which are just a burden to
> maintain the copyright file.  But that's perfectly up to you as the
> maintainer - just a hint.

I guess there are plenty of solutions, but in gdcm svn trunk, I have a
script which append the copyright file for each cmake-sub project
(gdcm being the toplevel cmake-project). So during the cmake
configuration time, a global COPYRIGHT file is now generated.
I simply need to make sure that even Win32-only subdirs are also
parsed on *nix system.

Thanks,
--
Mathieu