Re: [med-svn] r3314 - trunk/packages/gdcm/trunk/debian

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Steven Michael Robbins wrote:
>
>> +Utilities/getopt license:
>> +
>> + * Copyright (c) 2000 The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.
>> + * All rights reserved.
>> + *
>> + * This code is derived from software contributed to The NetBSD
>> Foundation
>> + * by Dieter Baron and Thomas Klausner.
>
> ??
> Is there any reason for providing a copy of the getopt code?

That's something I misunderstood also myself. I thought I was supposed
to provide the copyright for the installed binary, while it seems you
need to provide a copyright for the original source code.
Since gdcm builds on Win32 system a couple of copyright (BSD
compatible) are needed:

* a C99 replacement for stdint.h
* getopt

Those files are not installed on *nix system.

Very big thank to Steve for his tremendous work on the gdcm package,
thank you very *very* much !

2cts
--
Mathieu